Magical unicorn bark is a simple, colorful treat that is perfect for a unicorn party or just for fun. Made with just a few simple ingredients, this candy bark is sure to be a huge hit with family and friends.
Why This Unicorn Candy Bark Is The Best
This candy bark is super simple to make. It's a fun dessert to have your kids help make.
- An easy recipe and a fast dessert to make that is great for a unicorn party. Try serving alongside a festive unicorn cake or unicorn cupcakes.
- Great to package as a party favor.
- Easy to adapt to your favorite colors using different colored candy melts.
Candy Bark Ingredients
- White Chocolate Chips - Use quality white chocolate chips for this bark.
- Pink Candy Melts - You can typically find these in the baking aisle or at the craft store.
- Blue Candy Melts - Choose your favorite color blue or teal.
- Purple Candy Melts - Purple candy melts are used.
- M&M's Candy - We are using blue, pink and purple M&M's.
- Unicorn Sprinkles - Use your favorite sprinkle mix like these fun unicorn sprinkles.
How To Make Unicorn Bark
Step one: Line a rimmed 9x13 inch baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Step two: Place the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Melt the white chocolate in the microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring after each interval until completely smooth.
Step three: Place candy melts into separate bowls. Melt the candy melts according to the package instructions. Spread the melted white chocolate into a ¼” thick layer on the prepared baking sheet. Using a rubber spatula or butter knife helps with spreading.
Step four: Drop large dollops of the melted candy melts on top of the white chocolate.
Step five: Drag a toothpick or wooden skewer through the candy melts to create a marbled pattern. Sprinkle the M&Ms and sprinkles over the chocolate.
Step six: Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for at least an hour or until the chocolate is completely set. Once the chocolate is set cut or break it into 2- inch pieces.
Tips For The Best White Chocolate Bark
- We are using white chocolate chips for this unicorn bark recipe but you could substitute with milk chocolate or dark chocolate chips.
- If you don't have M&M's you can substitute with other colorful candy like Sixlets.
- Want to add a little extra crunch, sprinkle on some chopped peanuts, pistachios, or chopped pretzel pieces.
- Want to make this bark extra magical? Try sprinkling with edible glitter for a little extra sparkle.
How to store candy bark
Store: Store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature. This bark will stay good for up to a week.
Can I Use Food Coloring In White Chocolate Melts?
No, you will want to use precolored candy melts. If you try adding food coloring into the white chocolate melts, the consistency will change and not be good.
More party food ideas
- Mermaid cupcakes - Beautiful mermaid cupcakes with mermaid tails.
- Super Mario cupcakes - Mario mushrooms come to life in a cupcake.
- Clam shell cookies - No bake cookies.
- Sundae cupcakes - Fun and colorful cupcakes.
- Mini donuts - Cake mix sprinkle donuts.
- 1 12 ounce bag white chocolate chips
- ½ cup pink candy melts
- ½ cup blue candy melts
- ½ cup purple candy melts
- ⅓ cup M&M candys pink, blue, and purple
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Melt in the microwave for 30 second intervals until melted. Stir in between each interval.
- Place each color candy melts in a separate microwave safe bowl. Melt the candy melts in the microwave according to bag instructions.
- Spread the white chocolate into a ¼-inch thick layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Drop dollops of the candy melts on to the white chocolate.
- Drag a toothpick or wooden skewer through the candy melts to create a marbled pattern.
- Sprinkle the M&Ms and sprinkles over the chocolate.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for at least an hour or until the chocolate is completely set.
- Once the chocolate is set cut or break it into two inch pieces and enjoy.