These Valentine's Day Rice Krispie Treats are the perfect treat to give your loved ones. A fun and simple dessert, even the kids can help make them.
Why you will love this Valentine's Day Treat
- Simple - A quick and easy Valentine's day dessert that can be made in minutes.
- Delicious - These thick and chewy treats are always a hit.
- Variation - You can easily adjust this recipe to the holiday. Try pink, green, or yellow candy melts for an Easter dessert. Or red and green for Christmas.
Rice Krispies - Rice Krispies cereal is used to make this classic cereal treat.
Butter - Unsalted butter is used to melt in with the marshmallows.
Marshmallows - Use fresh, mini marshmallows or large marshmallows.
Candy Melts - Candy melts are used to decorate and add a beautiful pink color to the top of the treats.
Sprinkles - This is optional. You can use colorful sprinkles and candy hearts to decorate.
How to make Valentine Rice Krispie Treats
Step one: Melt butter and marshmallows in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Make sure to melt over low heat so that you don't burn the marshmallows. Keep stirring until it's smooth.
Step two: Remove the pot from the heat and stir in Rice Krispies. Stir to completely combine.
Step three: Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. You could also line it with parchment paper or wax paper. Spread the Rice Krispie mixture in the prepared pan. Gently push down on the mixture to fit into the pan.
Step four: Use a heart shaped cookie cutter and cut out heart shapes.
Step five: Now it's time to decorate. Melt the pink candy melts in a microwave safe bowl. Carefully place the melted chocolate into a piping bag and snip off the end with scissors. Top Rice Krispie treat hearts with the pink chocolate candy.
How to store Valentine's Day rice krispies treats
Store: Store the cereal treats at room temperature in an airtight container. This will help keep them fresh. I would not recommend freezing them.
Valentine Rice Krispie Treats Variations
This is a super simple and basic recipe. Feel free to add some of these mix-ins for a little something different:
- Sprinkles - Try mixing in ¼ cup of colorful, festive sprinkles into the Rice Krispies and marshmallow mixture.
- Vanilla - Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract to the marshmallow mixture for extra vanilla flavor.
- Chocolate topping - Use your favorite color of melting chocolate. You can also melt white chocolate chips and use those.
- Gluten Free - You can make these gluten free by using crispy rice cereal that is labeled gluten free.
Marshmallow treats recipe FAQ's
No, these can stay out at room temperature.
While you do want to press the rice krispie treats down in the pan to be able to cut them out, don't press them too hard. Also be sure to use fresh marshmallows for the best treats.
Did you make this easy treat? Let me know in the comments.
More holiday desserts
Valentine's Day Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's Rice Krispies Cereal
- ½ cup pink candy melts
- Valentine's sprinkles and candy hearts for decoration
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper, or wax paper and set it aside.
- Heat a 5qt dutch oven or large pot on low heat. Melt the butter and marshmallows in the pot. Stir often to avoid burning.
- Once the marshmallows are completely melted remove the dutch oven from the heat.
- Stir in the Rice Krispies cereal and mix it well with the melted marshmallows.
- Transfer the Rice Krispie treat mixture to the prepared baking pan. Press the mixture tightly using the spatula to form an even layer.
- Let the Rice Krispies treats cool down at room temperature for at least 10 minutes
- Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter (3-inch size) and cut the Rice Krispies
- Melt the pink candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds. Stir. Keep microwaving in 30 second intervals until completely melted.
- Transfer the melted chocolate to a piping bag or Ziploc bag. Cut the tip off the bag and drizzle the melted chocolate over the Rice Krispie hearts. Decorate them with Valentine's day sprinkles.