Hot cocoa dip is an easy dessert that can be made in minutes. A creamy dip with delicious hot chocolate flavor that is perfect for the holiday season. Serve with your favorite cookies, crackers, or fruit.
Why you should try this delicious dessert dip
Fun - This is a great dip to serve at holiday parties. Serve with your favorite dippers to
Easy - An easy holiday dessert with only 4 ingredients are needed to make this dip.
No Bake - If you need an easy no-bake dessert for a gathering, this is a great one to serve. Full of classic hot chocolate flavor.
Ingredients needed for hot chocolate dip
Hot Cocoa Powder - Choose your favorite hot chocolate powder like Swiss Miss.
Marshmallow Fluff - You can usually find Fluff or marshmallow creme by the marshmallows at the grocery store.
Vanilla Extract - Adds a sweet, warm flavor to the dip.
Cool Whip - This frozen whipped topping can be found in the freezer section. Be sure to let it thaw a little in the refrigerator before mixing.
Mini Marshmallows - This is an optional ingredient but adds fun and flavor to the dip. You could also use marshmallow bits.
How to make hot cocoa dip
Step one: In a large mixing bowl, mix together Cool Whip, marshmallow fluff, hot cocoa powder, and vanilla extract.
Step two: Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and cool in the refrigerator for at least one hour. It will last up to 5 days.
Step three: When ready to serve, top with mini marshmallows and serve with your favorite dippers.
Recipe tips and variations
- Be sure to let the Cool Whip thaw a little in the refrigerator before mixing.
- Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to make it easier to combine the ingredients.
- Toppings: Try topping with extra mini marshmallows, chocolate shavings, chocolate sprinkles, crushed candy canes, or a dusting of hot chocolate powder.
- Mix-ins: Try stirring in a drop of peppermint extract for a minty flavor. You could also stir in mini chocolate chips or white chocolate chips.
What to serve with hot chocolate dip
This no bake dessert is good enough to eat with a spoon but it's fun to serve with a variety of dippers. Put your dip in a festive serving bowl and place the dippers around the dip. Here are some of our favorites:
Cookies - Graham crackers, vanilla wafers, butter cookies, sugar cookies, chocolate cookies, or animal crackers.
Fruit - Fresh strawberries, sliced apples, bananas, and pears.
How to store
Store: Store leftover dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Freeze: This chocolate dip can be frozen. Place in a freezer safe container or bag for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Hot cocoa dip FAQ's
You will need 2 individual hot chocolate packs for this dip. Each packet has about ¼ cup of mix.
No, you can use homemade whipped cream but I feel like the Cool Whip adds a nice amount of sweetness.
More delicious holiday dessert recipes
Hot Cocoa Dip
- 1 8 ounce whipped topping Cool Whip
- 1 7.5 marshmallow creme Fluff
- ½ cup hot cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- In a large bowl, add the whipped topping, marshmallow creme, hot cocoa powder and vanilla extract. Mix using a rubber spatula or a hand held electric mixer.
- Cover with plastic wrap and cool in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or up to 5 days.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl or mugs, top with the mini marshmallows and serve with your favorite dippers. Enjoy!