No-churn monster cookie ice cream is a delicious, colorful dessert that is perfect to serve at a party, gathering, or just a hot Summer day. Filled with homemade ice cream, cookies, peanut butter swirl, and chocolate candy.
What is a monster cookie?
Monster cookies are traditionally made with chocolate chips, M&M's, peanut butter, and oats. They are packed with these ingredients and usually are made into a large cookie which is why they are referred to as monster.
This no-churn ice cream recipe takes all the fun ingredients of these favorite cookies and puts them into a simple homemade ice cream.
If you like candy ice cream, be sure to try this colorful Skittles ice cream.
- Heavy Cream - This is the base of the ice cream. Make sure it's chilled before making.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - Used to make the vanilla ice cream.
- Peanut Butter - Creamy peanut butter works well for this recipe.
- Vanilla Extract - Adds a layer of flavor for the vanilla ice cream base.
- M&M's candy - Colorful chocolate candy that is mixed into the ice cream.
- Cookies - Use prepackaged oatmeal chocolate chip cookies or chocolate chip cookies like Chips A'hoy. Crush them up into small pieces.
How to make monster cookie ice cream
Step one: Place a loaf pan in the freezer to chill before making the ice cream. Beat heavy cream and vanilla in a mixing bowl until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in the sweetened condensed milk.
Step two: Stir in half of the candy and crushed cookies.
Step three: Mix together peanut butter and remaining cream.
Step four: Pour half of the ice cream in cold loaf pan. Place part of the peanut butter mixture on top and swirl with a knife.
Step five: Sprinkle on remaining crushed cookies and candy and then top with remaining ice cream mixture and peanut butter mixture. You can also add extra candy and cookie pieces.
Step six: Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 6-8 hours to set.
- Make sure not to skip the step of freezing the loaf pan. This helps the ice cream to set faster and hold together.
- You can use store bought cookies for this recipe. If you can't find oatmeal chocolate chip, just chocolate chip cookies work just fine.
- Feel free to add in some mini chocolate chips into the ice cream mixture for extra chocolate flavor.
How to store leftover ice cream
Store: Keep any leftover ice cream in a freezer safe airtight container, covered in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More party desserts
If you made this creamy ice cream recipe let me know in the comments below.
Monster Cookie Ice Cream
- 2 ¼ cups cold heavy cream
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup M&M's candy
- 1 cup oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, crushed or chocolate chip cookies like Chips A'hoy
- ice cream cones optional
- Place a loaf pan in the freezer to chill.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat 2 cups of cold heavy cream and vanilla extract with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in the sweetened condensed milk until combined.
- Stir in half of the M&M's and crushed cookies. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, cream together the remaining heavy cream and peanut butter.
- Remove the loaf pan from the freezer and pour half of the ice cream mixture into the pan.
- Dot the top of the ice cream with half of the peanut butter mixture. Use a butter knife to create swirls. Sprinkle remaining half of the M&M's and crushed cookies on top. Repeat with the leftover ice cream and toppings.
- Cover the loaf pan with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 6-8 hours until the ice cream is set.